Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fresh off the plane konichiwa bitches

Just finished our 10 game road trip, 5 weeks straight of boarding planes, hopin on buses, squeezing into rental cars, sleeping in beds that are to small, which wake me up mid-sleep with my calf's crampin up- After all that..were still in 1st place...
I'm finally home, back in Sendai for the last leg of the season. 10 games left- then playoffs start. Playoffs are one and done, similar to the NCAA's except our league only has 2 games until the champions are crowned..

I've been talkin to my agent a lot lately, sending game films and what not, trying to secure a job for next season. This is the worst part of my job- waiting for some guy to call me with a job offer. The past two seasons I had to wait till mid- September to find a job. I'm not even a stressful dude.. but damn if that ain't stressful, thinking you might not have a job this season..
I'm constantly checkin Eurobasket for recent transaction, seeing people I played with or against are getting jobs before me.. is tough pill to swallow..
But I got a different mind set this summer, It's "Fuck It".. Whatever happens, happens.. I did what I had to do out here in Japan this season, my team has been in first place all season, and I'm leading the team in scoring and rebounding.. So there's no need to stress this summer.. Easier said than done... Kellen, were gettin busy this summer.. Keepin me focused is your #1 job this summer.. NBA All- Star game is in our back yard next year.. David Griffin holler at me on the Suns works out/summer league..

About next season, my agent and I are really pushing for the NBL league- How dope would it be to play/live in Australia next season? Warm weather and good money = Great livin'

I need a contract here next season

They got a team in Singapore too.. contact has already been established!
-----------------------

Off Top- Things I love right now
  • My SlingBox
  • March Madness
  • NBA's Western Conference
  • MVP race is down to 3 players, all of which came from High School- Bron Bron, Kobe, KG
  • Kellen holdin down the blog

Things I hate right now

  • Japanese Food and the beer
  • Living in a small ass room
  • Not being home watching basketball on big screen TV's
  • Practice
  • Waiting on a contract for next season
  • Waiting on The Roots and Gnarls Barkley album to drop
  • People who read the blog and never leave a comment

8 Comments:

Blogger Paul S. Lee said...

Yeah, the Aussie's will love them some Dewitz down unda and the Japanese chicks will be screamin, "Nick we miss you long time!" From Sushi to Kangaroo legs!!

March 11, 2008 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Paul S. Lee said...

Also, it won't be long till Guiness and xBox in the AM mijo! G.I.O. (Grind It Out)!!! Kellen you love that!

March 11, 2008 at 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, you can't get mad now! I love reading your blog. You guys are constantly brigging up great issues across all topic lines. Thanks for what you do, you keep us all updated on all fronts. Holla back.

March 11, 2008 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Jaeho said...

I agree.

Kellen is reading minds rite now.

Contract season . Just got a big screen . and you're right about the Roots . Come home nick . doma arigato .

March 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

basically you need to let me be your agent and ill do work...

and singapore??? damn thats where i wanna be!

and i told you you needed to move your room to the dojo i slept in, that place was dope

March 11, 2008 at 11:23 PM  
Blogger DeWitz said...

Paul- True on the girls sayin we miss you long time.. lol. And the rise and shine guiness is must!

Anonymous- thanks for the love, we try and keep it fresh and random for everyone.

Jaeho- your teasin me with the big screen and the Peach Op's.. Have somethin nice for me upon my arival- kudasai jaeho

J- You would have to book another ticket to Singapore.. cause you already know it would be off the hook, or even Australia.. yeediggg!!
The dojo has no heater, and fuck it.. im way to lazy.

March 12, 2008 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger Jaeho said...

word.

i heard you could get fined in singapore for having sex in a hotel with a girl you met at the bar.

March 12, 2008 at 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, shit - calling my ass out. i'm truly regretting not catching that game, son. any chance you guys will be playing any end of season games in tyo? best of luck in the coming season and the contract work - i'm sure that ish will come through. sounds like you're killing it out here. australia would be sick. keep up, man. and holla if you're back around tokyo way. peace

March 14, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home