Thursday, March 20, 2008

..Been Around the World..


"What did you do"

Me and Kell always disagree with one other, and we always will, that's what keeps us close(pause). But I had this big write up about Kellen's last post 1993 and the current state of rap music because im sick of hearing how bad it is- but ill just keep it short and simple and say this. I don't think hip hop 'sucks' as Kell would say, its just in a different state.
The good old days are over when we used to pilfer CD's from Fry's Electronics..ect.. When I jacked 400 degrees just cause the cover art was fire, I didn't know what the hell a Juvenile was. Those days are long gone.. Reason = Internet killed rap music--
Take Lil' Waynes new single for example, Lollipop?? He joking right? Best Rapper Alive made his first single a lollipop? Reason = he made 500 mixtapes in 2007, and ran out of material. That wouldn't of happened back in in the day with no Internet. We all would be anticipating the record release... not no more.. Internet leak baby! We get all that exclusive shit first! Also, your favorite artist, there old now.. and not relevant.. Snoop is a legend, and no one cares about his album (it's called Ego Trippin' fyi), check the numbers below- he let a fake ass Freeway outsell him. This is a living legend were talking about.. Snoop Doggy motha fuckin Dogg- Did anyone buy or download his album? didn't think so... But that's the rap music I grew up on. "I wanna be a motha fuckin hustla, ya better ask somebody-" classic shit.. Its just not relevant or interesting anymore... wait.. this turned out to be to long.. and I'm babbling now, fuck it.. I downloaded all three of their albums. p.s. Snoop did a country song- Let's Talk About It
Sound Scan numbers-
Rick Ross - Trilla 198,956
Snoop Dogg - Ego Trippin’ 136,943
Fat Joe - The Elephant In The Room 46,260


-------------
I wouldent consider myself to be a Hypebeast, but I do like exclusive shit.. I don't get into the whole $100+ denim (Edwin's are only $90 out here). And I don't know shit about 'Raw Selvage'... So ill leave that to Kell to keep you laced up fresh.. But Caliroots might be one of my fav blogs/shops and I came across these babies, with the leather at the bottom = Stuntastic -The Swedish cats get it done.

-------------
Orange Coast Cheerleaders were gettin busy in their Vegas hotel room after winning the schools 10th National championship. I love shit like this..

-------------
Ashley Alexander Dupre is bigger than Girls Gone Wild?? And damn if the 7 Diamond girls are gettin 31 thousand a day.. thats league money.. and makes me wonder who can actually afford that? Is Billy Gates not so square after all??

------------
Jordan Brand footwear director Gentry Humphrey talks about the Jordan Flipside, a skateshoe that’s inspired by the Jordan III and developed with the advice of several skaters, including Stevie Williams




-------------------
Random Thoughts-

  • Tennessee and UCLA will meet in the championship game. UCLA will win-
  • Is Ben Howland in the top 5 of best active coaches?? Took Northern Arizona to the dance, went to Pitt took them, and now UCLA is a monster in the Pac-10- Why not?
  • Guinness is currently my favorite beer
  • What if we had President Bush another 4 years?
  • I need to get home asap
  • and damn if this wasnt a random ass post, but drinkin Guinness will do that..

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

speaking of random...remember the asian Edwin from Hendrix?? I wonder what that guy is up to these days

March 20, 2008 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Paul S. Lee said...

I remember when Kenny Bochstahler sneezed in his face during P.E. in 9th grade at Hendrix. Snot/spit all up in his face.

March 20, 2008 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Kellen said...

Numbers are down as far as units sold in music in general. People hardly buy cd's anymore. Snoop tried something different and his core audience obviously isnt interested. Fat Joe is part of that golden era of hip hop I just think dude is irrelevant now.

Wayne is just jumping on what sells, and what gets spins. That T-Pain vocoder sound is everywhere. Just because you make hot mixtapes doesnt = a CLASSIC album. I think "Lolipop" will be huge by the way.

Save a few artists nothing really interests me as far as hip hop. I think hip hop is gonna go the route of more club, dance music over time. Kid Sister type music, I could be wrong though. The days of classic albums dropping every week are gone. I'll be happy with 1 or 2 every few years I guess.

March 20, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger DeWitz said...

Classic albums never dropped every week, but yeah its rare if you get a classic album even once a year, and again, record labels/internet have a huge effect on that.

Rap music is like the 2008 pres election.. we're waiting for somethin new..

March 21, 2008 at 6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah edwin!!! damn that kid was a character... and nice find on the 7 diamond, damn ggw ceo got every body on camera!

March 22, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home