Saturday, September 1, 2007

Drought Season

“He's a genius, man. It's like catching Michael Jackson before he actually hit wax. It's that kind of talent.” -Mr. Collipark



Note the chain... it should look familiar in a second


Wow those are some pretty strong words there. When I hear the word genius names like Tupac and Jay-Z come to the forefront of my mind. Atleast when i'm thinking about the rap game. Now usually I wouldnt pay any attention from a quote by someone named "Mr Collipark", or should I mention his other alias' "DJ Smurf" and my personal favorite "Beat-n-Azz"(sic). I mean seriously where do you guys come up with these names, Is there a computer program out there that generates rap names? But I digress, forgive me, back to Michael Crooms(his government name...) the Miami based producer who has a name derived from College Park,Georgia. He is the man we can thank for the Ying Yang Twins short lived fame. With a track record like that how can someone question his judgment of "genius level talent"? I'll tell you how, and its gonna be easier than you can imagine.

You know who he was talking about in the afromentioned quote?



The Puff Paint Was A Stroke Of Pure Genius


Thats right, Soulja Boy the kid wearing that ridiculous outfit. Now I realize I am not 16 anymore and that with the ever advancing years I get more and more hateful about everything, but am I wrong here for laughing at his home made shades? Too be honest, the shades and clothes really aren't the problem. While I am having an impossible time of understanding what makes this kid a genius or a talent for that matter, I am having a even harder time understandins the words that come out of his mouth. Watch his Video and please tell me what he is saying. I can pick out certain words here and there, but I can do the same thing when I'm watching soap operas on Telemundo. I mean at one point I think I hear "Superman", but Im not sure until I see a random black guy rocking a Superman fit and a jeri curl. But you know its like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and so I making this part up but a video is worth like a million. So watch this video, and can comeone please tell me what he says for one complete bar? Please I'm begging you, I'm tired of tossing and turning at night because I just dont get it.






I was built for this...

2 Comments:

Blogger DeWitz said...

Brilliant.

September 1, 2007 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Kellen said...

Again, Hip Hop is pretty much DEAD. Not knockin the young bul cause Im sure that ringtone money is serious. Only thing I'm lookin forward to is Kanye's new album. Im old.

September 1, 2007 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home