Tuesday, July 3, 2007

$999,999 + $1 = a Mealticket



One Word "Savage" thats all I got to say about that...

As I sit here mulling over my hoop career, that is mercifully cut short by injuries, I started thinking about other players who careers were cut short. Now I said mercifully for a reason, cause I was never more than a glorifed hack and my career was over anyways. That being said the first person that came to my mind is none other than Sam Bowie.

For obvious reasons Bowie has come back as a popular barbershop conversation stemming from the Oden-Durant debate. I am here to stop the madness, cause im tired of hearing all these ignorant points people make, about Oden being the next Sam Bowie, and about how dumb the Blazers were for drafting the 7 foot bum.


Not gonna lie, dude was a bum in the Pros...

Im sure when we all hear the word Sam Bowie we instantly think back to the '84 draft and the biggest sports blunder possibly in history. I agree with this... in hindsight. Its easy to look back and see what someone should have done, but that is not how life is.


The Whole F'ing Show


MJ is without a doubt the greatest ever, hands down. We all know that, but we had no idea in '84. Now I was only a few months old when Jordan was giving cats fits in the ACC. so its safe to say that I never say him play in college. but according to what ive heard, Jordan was a unquestioned talent at UNC but his talent was "hidden" in Dean Smiths offense. Smith was never one to have superstars in his program, so everyone saw that Jordan was good, but no one had the idea he would be who he became, because if they did, do you really think Houston would have drafted Hakeem?


Kiss the Rings, Bitch...

First of all, calm down... Im not comparing Hakeem to Bowie, so take a deep breath and let me finish. Hakeem is a Great and hall of famer, and he won two championships. Now correct me if I'm wrong but didnt he win those two in between the two Bulls 3-peats? There is no way of knowing if houston would have beaten chicago those two years, but still the fact remains that he only one in Jordans absence. So if we are going off of hindsight Houston made the wrong choice in selecting The Dream.


Manute doesnt think Houston made a mistake...

So why did Portland draft Bowie? lets take a look at the big picture. 1st of all They had Jim Paxson starting at 2-Guard, and to put it nicely "he was a problem". He just came off two back to back seasons of averaging 21 points a game. He wasnt Kobe but he was an all star that year. Then lets not forget about the '83 draft where Portland drafted some 2-guard by the name of Clyde Drexler. Unless you had a time machine and could see how good Michael would be you wouldnt draft him. So in other words the Blazers had the 2-guard spot looking solid and they needed a big man. After losing the coin flip with houston it was obvious that they werent gonna get Hakeem. so who was the next choice? you guessed it Bowie. and again I wasnt old enough to watch him but in college he was nice.


Bet Florida State didnt think he was a bum...

I bet yall didnt know dude was like that, all you saw was the injury prone bum in the NBA. I know this was a little long, but I had to get it off my chest cause Im tired of all these kids running around acting like portland was dumb for picking this dude.

Without a doubt Portland made a mistake by not selecting Jordan, thats a no brainer, and are they making a mistake in selecting Oden this year over Durant? Well we will have to see, But the safe pick is Oden cause anyone who saw him play last year could see that he is special. Durant is special too but he is not a center, and that is the big difference.


Welcome to Portland... Good thing you like white girls


Sorry I havent posted in awhile but Ive been hella busy, and I didnt want to put out some junk just to put something out. O and my hoop career is really over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home